Peanut butter bars are some of our favorite desserts to enjoy during the holidays and we wouldn’t want to leave our dogs out from enjoying a delicious peanut butter bar recipe. We’re calling these Peanut Butter Bark Treats – as a play on the seasonal peppermint bark desserts you’ll find this time of year – but they’re more like a baked dessert bar than the hard, crunchy mint bark you’ll find.
Peanut Butter Bar Dog Treats
1 Cup Flour + 2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Cup of Plain Low-Fat Greek Yogurt
½ Cup Peanut Butter, Creamy (make sure it doesn’t contain xylitol, a dangerous ingredient for dogs)
2 Eggs, Room Temperature
½ Cup Applesauce, Unsweetened
6-8 Old Mother Hubbard Jingle Jangle Treats, Crushed Into Small Pieces
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 13×9” baking dish with a non-stick spray. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of flour onto the pan so the batter won’t stick.
3. Using a mixer, beat the peanut butter, applesauce and yogurt in a bowl.
4. Add the eggs one at a time to the wet mixture.
5. Separately, mix the flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
6. Gently fold the flour mixture into the wet batter and mix well.
7. Add the crushed Old Mother Hubbard Jingle Jangle Treats and mix.
8. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes until the cake is light brown and the edges start to pull away from sides of pan.
9.Let the peanut butter bark cool completely and slice into bite-sized rectangle bars. (You can make them smaller if you have a small dog or larger if you have a big dog.)
The Jingle Jangle treats are a great complement to this recipe because they’re made with peanut butter and molasses.
Make sure to tag us in your Old Mother Hubbard pup bakery treats on Instagram! Bonus points if your dog is dressed up in a holiday outfit or headband!
Please note: Treats should be kept to 10% of your dog’s daily food intake to keep nutritional balance.