Pumpkin Flavored Dog Pupcakes
Fall is the season for pumpkin-flavored everything. While us humans get to enjoy Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, pumpkin beers, pumpkin breads, and tons of pumpkin-flavored desserts. But why should we have all the fun?
It’s time to let our four-legged family members in on the fun with pumpkin-flavored dog treats and snacks. If you have canned pumpkin on hand, it’s easy to bake a fall dog treat for your dog. Pumpkin is a healthy vegetable for dogs because it’s high in fiber and nutrients, like potassium, iron and vitamins A, C, and E. Since we love dog cupcakes a.k.a. pupcakes around here – and our dogs, do too – we’re sharing a pumpkin dog pupcake recipe to commemorate one of these beloved fall flavors.
Top this fall dessert for dogs with a seasonal treat like Old Mother Hubbard Creepy Crunchers and watch your dog make it disappear in minutes. Magic!
Halloween Pupcakes Recipe
1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree (note: not the kind for pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
12-15 Old Mother Hubbard Creepy Crunchers
1 Tablespoon of Honey (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a 12-cup muffin tin tray with liners
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour and baking soda
4. In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin, eggs, peanut butter, honey, oil and water until the mixture is blended
5. Fold the wet pumpkin mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients until combined
6. Spoon the batter into the 12 cups
7. Crush the Creepy Crunchers in a plastic bag and sprinkle the crunchy treat on top of each pupcake. You could also skip the smashing part and put the whole treat on top of each pumpkin pupcake.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick or fork poked in the center comes out clean.
9. Let the pupcakes cool on a wire rack. Remove the liners before letting your dog eat the pumpkin treats.
While you’re picking up Halloween candy for the neighborhood kids, treat your dog at Halloween by buying them a bag of Creepy Crunchers! Dog tricks not required!
To keep the pupcakes fresh, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days. Make sure to tag us in your Old Mother Hubbard pup bakery treats on Instagram!
Please note: Treats should be kept to 10% of your dog’s daily food intake to keep nutritional balance.