DIY: Doggie Cupcakes
If you’re currently stuck at home, you may be wondering how to pass the time with your pup. We have you covered! A fun activity for you and your dog to do in the kitchen is to make dog friendly cupcakes. Otherwise known as “pupcakes”.
Check out this easy do it yourself cupcake recipe you can make at home in less than 30 minutes. They’re only finished when topped with a treat!
Dog Cupcakes Recipe
Makes: 8 Dog Cupcakes
Time to Cook: 25 Minutes
2/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/3 Cup of Flour (or Whole Wheat Flour)
1 Large Egg
3 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
8 Old Mother Hubbard Treats
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the dry pupcakes ingredients (baking soda and flour) with a spoon in one bowl.
3. Mix all the other ingredients and half the peanut butter together in another bowl with a hand blender or spoon until well blended.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix well.
5. Pour doggie cupcake batter into greased or lined muffin tin, filling them up a little more than halfway.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. When the pupcakes are cool, add the remainder of the peanut butter as icing with a pastry piping bag or spread it with a butter knife.
8. Spread PB evenly on each dog cupcake and top with an Old Mother Hubbard mini or small treat. Give every treat a different taste by topping with our Extra Tasty Assortment biscuits!
9. Treat your dog!
To keep the pupcakes fresh, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days.
Please note: Treats should be kept to 10% of your dog’s daily food intake to keep nutritional balance.