Apple Pancake Recipe
There is nothing like enjoying a hot breakfast on a lazy weekend that can be savored when you don’t have to rush anywhere. Some of our favorite weekend breakfast items are pancakes and we are pretty sure your dog will love them, too. This apple pancake recipe for dogs will be gobbled up in no time and can even be tweaked so humans can enjoy a version of these flapjacks as well. Especially since apples are a good source of fiber for dogs and contain vitamins A and C.
Apple Pancakes for Dogs Recipe
1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (wheat-free if your dog is on a grain-free diet)
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Applesauce
6 Old Mother Hubbard P-Nuttier Classic Dog Treats, chopped
1. Put a nonstick pan on the stove and set to medium heat.
2. Measure out flour into a bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients and stir gently. The mixture should be combined but have some lumps.
4. Make sure the pan is hot enough by dripping water on it and hearing it sizzle.
5. Spoon pancake batter onto the hot pan and space the pancakes out about two inches away from each other. Sprinkle some of the Old Mother Hubbard crunchy treats onto each pancake.
6. Flip each pancake with a spatula after two minutes.
7. Let the pancakes cook another two to three minutes and then put them on a plate to cool.
8. Make sure the apple pancakes for dogs are cool to touch. Cut them up into smaller chunks before serving them to your pup in her bowl.
If you want to make apple pancakes for humans, add a ½ teaspoon of baking powder to the dry ingredients, 2 ½ tablespoons of brown sugar to the dry ingredients, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the wet ingredients. Eliminate the dog treats, obviously! Serve with butter and syrup.
Note: You can store the extra pancakes in a container in the fridge for your pup to eat throughout the week. Make sure to tag us in your Old Mother Hubbard pup bakery treats on Instagram!
Please note: Treats should be kept to 10% of your dog’s daily food intake to keep nutritional balance.